These are also known as the medical cannabis which has been recommended by the doctor to be used as a medicine .the whole plant is extracted and has not been processed at all. The use of marihuana has not been completely legalized by the government. There are some pieces of evidence and tests done which has proven that marijuana can be a cure for some diseases.
Some states have already had the use of marijuana approved, while some are still waiting to pass on the bill. There have not been enough studies which have given the evidence and risks of it; therefore it has not been fully accepted as a treatment. That marijuana plant is still used for the recreational purposes. Some of the illness that marijuana has been known to treat are as follows
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle spasms
- Mental health and disorder
- Alzheimer’s diseases
The chemicals in the cannabis have been tested and seen to be the same as the chemicals used in the body, to help in appetite, movement, memory, and pain. These results have proven that the chemicals can be used in
- Reducing body anxiety
- Killing the cancer cells and slowing the growth of the tumor
- Helps bring back the appetite especially to the HIV/AIDS victims
- Helps in relaxing the muscles to the people affected by muscle spams’
The marijuana plant has not yet been accepted by the FDA as this will require hundreds of thousands of people to be subjected to the treatment. This is to determine the benefits and risks involved in the usage. Until now the researchers have not given any information on the health risks and advantages of marijuana. All we know is that there are some side effects to the usage. These are both long and short terms.
- Short term effects-when marijuana is smoked. The smoke goes into the lungs through the bloodstream; this blood helps in carrying the chemicals though to the brain then to all parts of the body. If eaten or drunk the marijuana, the body will absorb the THC and after 30 minutes or 1 hour, you start having the ‘high’ feeling. These chemicals play a major role in the development and functioning of the brain, there will be mood changes, impaired memory, a damaged sense of time, it becomes difficult to even think or solve a problem, there are hallucinations and delusions.
- Long-term effects-if a teenager you start consuming the marijuana, the research has shown that the brain is impaired and most of the damage is permanent. If you quit in your adulthood, some of the mental abilities could never be recovered.